The Critical Incident Aid Course is an entry-level course designed to teach the public basic Life Saving Interventions (LSI) that will help save an injured person's life until EMS can arrive. It combines principles of Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC), most relevant battlefield lessons learned (LL) from the Special Operations Medical Community and meets the recommendations of the Hartford Consensus and TECC guidelines. The course utilizes classroom, skills sessions, and scenario-based training to deliver material, and foster confidence in critical skills.
This course is a prerequisite for the Gunfighter Medicine course
- Understanding hemorrhage and shock
- Tourniquet application
- Application of wound packing/pressure dressing
- Use of hemostatic agents in wound packing
- Airway management
- Recognizing and treating chest trauma
- Pediatric and geriatric casualties
- Casualty movement techniques
- Hypothermia Management in the trauma patient
- Each student will be issued an IFAK (Individual First Aid Kit) with the supplies and equipment needed and the student will use the items in the IFAK to complete hands-on training of each skill taught. If you have your own equipment you would like to work from please feel free to do so.
- Note-taking supplies
- Clothing you do not mind being abused (You will get dirty in the training evolutions, the fake blood we use will wash out of most clothing)
- Water for outdoor training
- Headlamp or flashlight
Course location: The Sawmill 8524 Neely Ferry RD, Laurens, SC 29360
Course time: 8am-5pm
Please bring your own drinks and snacks. Swag, kit, and tourniquets will be available for purchase on site, please bring cash/venmo/zelle.
For any additional questions please email email@example.com.
The Sawmill has available rooms for rent if you are interested in lodging. The rooms come well heated and or air-conditioned, newly built and comfortable. All rooms have private bathrooms. You have the option to split/share or stay individually in a room. There is a common space with a refrigerator, tables and a stove top. If you wish to book a room please contact The Sawmill directly and ask for Scott@sawmillttc.com