This course will be taught by SPEAR System founder Tony Blauer. “The ability to protect yourself or a loved one is inarguably, the single greatest skill you could possess.”
LEARNING SELF-DEFENSE IS EASIER THAN YOU THOUGHT WHEN YOU USE YOUR NATURAL REACTIONS TO DANGER.
“A morally, ethically and behaviorally sound approach to personal safety for you and your family.”
— Coach Tony Blauer
ESSENTIALS OF PERSONAL SAFETY (EOPS)
Imagine if you knew what bad guys were looking for? Imagine if you understood the 'timeline of a violent encounter'? Armed with this knowledge, you would enhance your situational awareness and have the chance to avoid a confrontation altogether. That's the ultimate goal of this course: to make you and your family safer by avoiding any confrontation.
- Learn the SPEAR System's 'Timeline of Violence'
- What predators are looking for and how to devalue yourself
- How to tap into your 'human weapon system'
- Fundamentals of managing fear using the Cycle of Behavior®
In a single day you will learn:
- How to reconnect with your intuition and instincts.
- How to manage a fear spike more importantly, how to manage fear.
- Simple, effective, and functional movements.
- This one-day course will give you the essential knowledge to improve your situational awareness, verbal skills, and equip you with simple & practical self-defense.
TOPICS COVERED IN THIS COURSE:
- Situational awareness reframe
- How to develop better awareness
- The importance of fear in your life
- How to recognize real danger from imagined
- Fear mgmt in a crisis - what that's more important than and technique
- Human Weapon system principles
- How to hack self-defense
- You already know how to defend yourself you just don't know you know
- The first SPEAR System
- The #choosesafety blueprint
- The science of personal protection & how using physiology, physics, and psychology can save your life.
- SPEAR System fundamentals
Created by Coach Tony Blauer, a pioneer of modern self-defense, the SPEAR program is based on human physiology and natural biomechanics. It uses the body’s startle-flinch response, a part of our human survival reflex, as the catalyst for all protective movement.
Lunch will be provided
2211 W 3000 S, Heber City, UT 84032
For those traveling for courses in Heber City, UT we recommend the Holiday Inn Express. Let them know that you are attending a Fieldcraft Survival course and they will give you 15% off of stated room rates.
Children 14 and older are welcome to join with a paid seat.
By purchasing you agree to the No Refund policy.
Coach Tony Blauer has been in the martial art, self-defense, defensive tactics, and combatives industry for over four decades. He founded Blauer Tactical Systems (BTS) in 1985 and it has grown into one of the world's leading consulting companies specializing in the research and development of performance psychology, personal safety, and close quarter tactics & scenario-based training for law enforcement, military, and professional self-defense instructors.
His research on the neuroscience of fear and the startle-flinch lead to the development of the SPEAR System® a modern personal defense system based on physiology, physics, and psychology. It has been used by defensive tactics and combative trainers all over the world for over 30 years.
He developed the world's first impact-reduction scenario-based training equipment, called High Gear which revolutionized force-on-force training for police, SWAT, and military organizations.
After decades of interviewing victims of violent encounters and studying violence, he created the KNOW FEAR® program which focuses on managing fear through self-awareness, resiliency and a 'movement' mindset. This program has also been integrated by psychologists helping Vets to deal with PTSD.
Mr. Blauer's programs have influenced over three decades of trainers and coaches as well as most contemporary reality-based martial artists. He resides in California with his wife, kids, and dogs but still travels extensively working with individuals, corporations and government organizations around the world providing solutions for training, performance assessment and credentialing. His company is dedicated to enhancing the mental and physical safety of everyone they help train.